CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Did I choose the wrong Canadian Agency?


Well, another month has passed. It's now almost 7 that I've been waiting in Perm. That wait in and of itself would be OK if there were communications that indicated there is momentum and reason to be hopeful... but there is not. Since late December '08 they keep saying new regions are opening and families with dossiers registered in Perm will have the opportunity to move... well, I'm still waiting for them to call with any sort of specific news other than semi monthly generic updates that go out to all of their adoptive families. I know that the photo database is not a comprehensive nor accurate portrayal of children available for adoption but it has to be representative of a good proportion of boys there... and it is not pretty. The majority of the little guys in my age range (up to 4) have visible disabilities. My agency has facilitated probably only around 6 or 8 Russian adoptions in the last year - all but one from Vlad and only one from Perm. Meanwhile, I have consulted with the other agencies and they cite having been active in completing 30+ families in 8 months. I know it's a bit of a crap shoot depending on region but they work in busy ones... not like my guys. I am starting discussions on starting over with another agency. My requested child criteria are not difficult to fill and I can't help but wonder if going with an agency who has momentum and experience in their regions trumps the cash / time I've invested languishing in a dead region with the promise that they will be working in new ones "soon" where they have no more of an idea that it will be better than Perm or that their new facilitator will have any sort of relationshps to start from... Any thoughts or advice???

3 comments:

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

First off - glad to hear from you;
Second - you are in a tough position, cause if you decide to change to a new agency your waiting time will start all over. Ask other agencies how many families are in front of you that are requesting the same age range and an estimate of the waiting time - if they say 1-4 months I will go for them. Also, look for agencies that work in many regions.

Good Luck!

webchrissy said...

I am so sorry to hear you are waiting but I think you should talk to new agencies and the families that have adopted from them in the last 6 months. there are tons of people on FRUA.org who have had to switch agencies and have had the best of luck with the second. We are praying for you...

Amy said...

I met a couple in Vlad who were from Vancouver. If your agency is working there -- I'd suggest getting registered there if possible -- moves faster than from Perm, from what I am told....