CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Couldn't have been better

It's been almost 5 months since I said goodbye... I wondered and worried about how today would go for those same 5 months.  I wondered if he would remember me? Would he be shy and afraid all over again?  Would he be a little bit mad that I left him?  Today was nothing like I wondered or worried.  When we arrived at the baby home, there were children playing outside.  I was nervous and excited as I scanned the children playing inside the fence. I had walked on ahead of Elya so I couldn't understand anything that was being said - nor was I listening.  I think my heart was pounding louder than would have allowed me to hear anyway.  I was walking forward towards the gate for the play area and front door... when I looked down and there he was walking towards me - all mis matched in pink and red with a spider man hat on... he was walking towards me and I dialed into the Baba's saying "Mama's here! Your Mama's here!"  I told him that I missed him (Ya Ochen Za to boy sa-sku chalas) over and over just like I had imagined it... and I told him that I love him... and he hugged tightly into my neck... just like I had never left.  I have video of him playing in the playground, on the big swingset with some of the other kids, playing in the log cabin and smiling... and giggling that sweet little giggle that I played over and over and over in the videos.  Many of the Baba's are different and I didn't even hardly say hello to Irina the director since I was too busy hugging Corbin tight and exploring the grounds with him.  He was WAY more chatty today - told me all about the cat he saw and the things he was doing.  He named every picture in the book out loud today and I finally heard him say "Paj-a-ousta" (please) when he told me he wanted something.  Different than last visit, (maybe I just brought better treats this time?) he gobbled up teddy grahams - little chocolate chip ones (ole could you bring another bag of them!) and cheerios.  We played inside in a different visiting room and he continued his love affair with cars and puzzles.  Today couldn't have gone better - I am relieved, thrilled and exhausted.
The train was fine - I slept well (I think?), we are at a different hotel (Julianne - it's the one you talked about? Voshod?) internet is not free - but OK - I'll send pictures later, food is cheap here, we have a better (read: not insane) driver (a girl named Natasha I think?), we went to Super Foods to buy breakfast and upstairs they have a childrens store where I bought a new puzzle, some Russian Leggo and another small puzzle that you put together and a little wind up car runs on for Corbins birthday tomorrow.  We also bought some cookies and treats for the kids.  Elya told me that Irina (the director) asked her if I had found a husband yet - and asked if she thought I would find one to be Grisha's Papa - Elya told her no - I didn't have one yet but she is sure I'll find one.  She is also happy with the donation Elya told her about and she will have a list for us on Monday of things they could use.   Today, there were fewer children than were here in December.  I think there are only 8 in the "toddler" group - I don't know how many babies.  This is good - that means some have found homes.  I have pictures of the other kids this time - and would love to take one girl in particular home - what a ham! She followed me and asked me a million questions I didn't understand. 
Well, for tonight, I am going to look at my videos and pictures and go to sleep with a smile on my face and in my heart - he's so amazing and being back here feels almost too easy and natural.  I can't explain what I mean - but everything just feels right and I'm not afraid anymore - I can't wait to bring him home.
Paka for now - things simply couldn't be better!
Stacey

7 comments:

Deb Woodcock said...

I am so happy for you Stacey! Give him a Happy Birthday hug from Baba!

jo said...

So good to hear.

julian said...

LOVE IT...
enjoy yourself. enjoy the crazy process....take your time on everything and try to cement it into your memory. I slept 4 straight nites on the train...I loved it!
love love love ya!!
happy birthday Corbin!!!!

Tracey and Chuck said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Corbin is so happy his Mama is back and he will never be without her again!!!! Enjoy every single minute!!!!

jrathje said...

That's so wonderful!!! Big Happy Birthday hugs to Corbin. For him, you are surely the best birthday gift ever!!!!

Michelle said...

This is sooo sweet!!! Happy Birthday to your little Corbin!!

amy said...

I am so unbelievably THRILLED for you!!! My parents keep asking about you ~ they loved to read your blog :)