CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Court Date granted

My court date is June 1st.  Not when I expected, hoped or thought but it's June 1st.  I need to have 5 days of visits with Corbin before court so she wanted me to arrive on May 24th... the day after his birthday.  I have suggested that I arrive on the 22nd so that I can be with him for his birthday and I am working on flights.  I should be happier... and I am sure I will get there but... the other family who submitted documents to the judge a week after me was given a court date next week.  I know I couldn't have been there in time but I'm upset because she put their request first - she asked for first available for them even though my documents were submitted a week ahead.  I get that it's been tough for them and that they are in country already due to errors that were made along the way BUT I worked hard to avoid errors I went 100 extra miles... and she put them first.  She said the lawyer asked for a favor and the judge got mad so she couldn't ask for 2... so my court is in June... 4 weeks away.  I'll get to happy... I'll get past the part where I thought I could... I planned in my head... I checked the flights... to leave next week.  But not tonight.  Tonight I am angry that my facilitator acted unprofessionally and unethically and put another family first to cover her ass.  I had the picture of celebration all picked out for this post... instead, it will say it in words only... no picture because I can't find one to say I wish I felt this way but right now I feel let down.  June 1st... I should leave on May 20th. And that, I've waited a long time to say.

4 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

Hugs to you......that really stinks and your agency seems like their priorities are a little messed up BUT you are going back to Russia...you have a date...the light at the end of the tunnel is SHINING BRIGHT - you ARE going to bring your little boy HOME very very soon!!!!!
Thinking of you,
Tracey

David & Jodi said...

Hooray a court date! You have certainly had a long journey, but this is what all the work was for. Another four weeks sucks, but I think it will fly by and then you will have one of the happiest moments of your life! Hooray!

Shelly and Steve said...

Wooo hooo!!! I think its reason to celebrate and am definitely happy for you right now!! Doesn't surprise me your agency working that way....it stinks....but it will be a glorious ending all the same!!!

jo said...

Bright side is, you have a date. You finally have a date. That's amazing considering your agency's record!!! Let's see that picture of celebration!!