CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Russian Champagne and retail therapy

That's how a girl kills time in Russia.  We are hanging in here - walking, seeing, traveling about and sharing lots of laughs - each day down is one more closer to bringing Corbin home for good.  Thank goodness Ole asked the question about passport pictures... I emailed the horned beast (it's fun to name call... it makes me feel better) and asked if the photos she took on the first trip could be used for the passport and a few other questions and she called me back today to say that the director of the baby home would take Corbin into Komsomolsk to get the pictures done and bring them with her to Khab when she arrives to fly out to Moscow on the 11th.  So... that means that we did NOT have appropriate pictures and she is damn lucky that the director is coming into Khab to save her butt.  I have to give her some photo copies of my documents tonight and I'll ask if she plans on coming to Koms with me and Ole to pick him up - as I will officially be his mother at this point, she is NOT required to come... and I can't imagine that she is thrilled about the prospect of spending 36 hours with me in confined spaces.  Time will tell.  I've got my smile while biting my tongue perfected... only awhile longer...  Well, I think I'm going to have a shower and a nap now.  It's 4:30 in the afternoon but we have been privvy to a few "this NEVER really happens" events such as - the hot water was out for 5 days and last night, a herd of stray cats HOWLED for about 5 hours... closed windows in the humid heat weren't our friend but neither were the cats screaming.  Oh how I fantasized about chasing them with a broom... but it's 5 flights of stairs down in my PJ's that stopped me.
So, yes, I am going to have a hot shower and a nap... thank you very much :)

2 comments:

nicole said...

chin up hun play the game it wont be long now...big huggs from canada..

julian said...

Your agency is gonna get a good tongue lashing...I hope they know it...You should encourage Anna to take your girlz job!! She used to work for a canadian agency..

BATHE ON GIRL!!!!!