CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

5 Months Home

Wow.  Corbin... you've been home now for as long as I waited between trips.  It felt like an eternity to wait and wonder and wish and now, 5 months has passed in the blink of an eye.  You are so excited for Christmas - every time the doorbell rings or you hear someone outside you light up and exclaim, "Is Santa here?!?"  You tell me, "I hear reindeer on roof - UP THERE!!!" out of the blue - and I love that you are so excited to sit on his knee.   I have a renewed excitement for Christmas this year as I watch the traditions through your excited little eyes.  It's been a lot of years since I've honestly and whole heartedly counted down the days until Christmas morning.  I can't wait. 
5 months done and gone - you are still growing like a little weed and tonight you felt like you weighed 100lbs as I carried you sleeping inside to tuck you into bed.  We're subbing in some size 3 clothes now and handing down the smaller 24 mos and even some of the size 2.  Yesterday you turned 3 1/2.  I looked back at our trip one pictures and you have changed so much in that time.  Tonight after your bath I noticed that you have more "meat on your bones" and that your rippling 6pack is now more of a toddler tummy - I don't ever think a 6 pack in a 3 year old is a good thing so I'm happy that yours is replaced by some meatballs and potatoes :) I'm not rolling up sweat pants or pulling up a baggy bum anymore - you are stretching right in front of my eyes.  I don't see it but friends do - thank you for eating!!!
All little boy but forever Mama's baby.

1 comment:

Carala said...

hard to believe 5 months has passed! Crazy! We're almost at 4 months...and somedays it feels like it's been 3 1/2 years...not 3 1/2 months! Corbin is one amazing little boy and when I think back to all the pain we both went through...it's pretty bliss to see then both enjoying life and our love! We've got to get them both on skiis one of these days...we still haven't gotten Caate's yet(can't find any, but looking hard!). When I do find them let's head to C.O.P., k'?
congrats on 5 months! Soon...it's will be 5 years and you'll wonder where the years went!
...CTTRC